Skip to main content

CTC#55 Into the Woods with Rudolph.

Welcome to my blogpage , you  may have come from the amazing Alison's great blog, or you may be starting here, either way I hope you can continue around all the designers for some inspiration. The full list of participants is here if you get lost.

This week we are CASEing the Section of the Catalogue from pages 42-45 , but since it's Christmas rapidly approaching and I'm in Chrismas creating mode around here I've found Rudolph in the woods! Actually I have been pushed for time so was looking for something quick and easy to make. The cards on the bottom page 42 are both quick makes.
This is where the Catalogue is a great resource as you can flick through for some inspiration and you can be confident that the layout will work. There's nothing more disheartening than spending a long time creating something and then feeling that the balance is somehow a little off.  Hence the CASEing the Catty philosophy. And it's always amazing to see what other designers see for inspiration from the same pages. We hope you are enjoying the Bloghop this week.  These two lights use DSP as the background and a simple banner with some unfussy stamping as the centrepiece.




I have been playing with the gorgeous Wonderland set making designs for a Christmas Card Stamp-a-stack and a good friend set me an image of a Rudolph card using some antlers from the set. I don't know who created the original but I took inspiration from them and has lots of fun making tags, and little 3x3 notecards with the design, so Thankyou. I used the Antlers form Wonderland, some red glimmer paper and some Goggle eyes stuck on with Tombow- too easy!

 The larger card is done the same way with some BSP form Morning Meadow behind. I didn't have any timber elements, but the cardstock is punched with the hexagon punch and simply snipped off one edge to get the right shape.

My original post finished here, but I had really hoped to make a card using Lighthearted Leaves as I think this is a truly beautiful set and it was one of my first purchases from the catalogue. So using the same layout I have made this Christmas card, and I have to admit I'm quite pleased with this one. The leaf- or even it could be a tree- is heat embossed with silver powder and coloured with Cucumber crush using the marking pen and the blender Pen, some real red pen in the berries and silver foil and Cucumber card again cut with the hexagon punch. the sentiment is from Festive Flurry.There isn't any cucumber crush thread, so I coloured a few strands of the the White Jute ribbon with my marking pen - you may have read this tip on one of the earlier CTC blogs. It's a really easy way to colour coordinate your embellishments.


It is really hard to photograph silver but I hope you can get the idea.

Thanks for joining us on the bloghop today, next up is Jackie, I wonder what she has created for us this week. 

Thanks for looking,

  Liz







Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

  1. Your little reindeer reminds me of Olaf!! He's so CUTE! I CASEd this card too - what a great layout!! My favourite is your white tag reindeer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, yes quick and cute, so much fun!

      Delete
  2. You've been busy, Liz! Glad you were able to share your Lighthearted Leaves card as well, very inspiring cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rachel, yes I was pleased to be able to add this one, it's such a gorgeous set.

      Delete
  3. Such clever and cute cards! I love your first card...he is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alison, those stick on eyes make a huge difference, and just slightly quirky angle makes them fun too! Easy to whip up quite a few at at time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! Love the googly eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for