Skip to main content

CTC#81 - Birthday's, back in the swing of things


It's Sunday - a week since we arrived home and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, With all the excitement of holidays, the new catalogue, and the huge Craft Expo which we did just before in went away, it has taken me a while to get back to my craft desk. But Sunday night is blogshop night so that'a good routine to start with. Welcome back you may have arrived from Rachel's flirty page, such a gorgeous colour and project

So this week we are very excited in the Stamping' Up community to be using the NEW CATALOGUE  for inspiration.

If you've had a chance to drool over the millions of wish list items you'll know it's a pretty amazing read, If you would like a copy of the catalogue I'd be happy to supply one for you.

We are starting with the section on Birthdays- pages 12-25. I wasn't sure where to start but I was quite taken with the card on the bottom of page 23. I don't have the thinlits with the swirly piece - though it's very cute- so i looked to see what I did have to substitute. I opted for the Mini treats bag thinlits and used the strip of stars to cut out a few strips of textured card to adhere to my card base.

I love the cute new Hostess set "Pun Intended" so I used the great little camera from that set. For the white card I used one of the Project Life cards from my sale-a-bration set - (trying to use up some of those kits I have accumulated!!!). It's an emboss resist card so I sponged a little bit of Dapper Denim onto it to add little more colour. The good news is that there is a whole set of DSP in the new catalogue which is all white and solely for the emboss resist technique. 
To get a little bit of gloss on my camera I simply covered the entire image with versa mark and covered it with a generous coating of clear embossing powder. The white glimmer paper is able to be changed to match your project too and I sponged the star with Dapper Denim ink to  create the matching embellishment.


 You may be able to see the gloss on the camera here.

And because I was running so many strips through the bigshot I figured I might as well do two at once. This Sweet Sugarplum card is the same technique using the little strip of holes,,also form the mini treatbag thinlits,  another project life card and the new white thick baker's twine, and a lovely cover of Wink of Stella

It's not a simple card, but you could make it more simply using just an embossing folder for the background.! 

If you are interested in being part of the design team at CTC we are calling for expressions of interest to be involved in our friendly creative team for the coming year. Check the main CTC page for details and do give it some thought . It's a great way to extend your crafting. You need to be a resident of Australia or Nw Zealand, be a current Stamping Up Demonstrator and have a blog which you contribute to regularly. Other than that you just need to love stamping and creating!!!


Next on the hop tonight is the super talented Bronwyn,
 can't wait to see what she has created



As always you can find the full list of participants at the CTC page here

And don't forget we'd love you to join us at the challenge which goes for the whole month. you'll find the link when you click on this button.


thanks so much for joining us again, 
It's good to back on deck, Liz



Comments

  1. Both your cards look amazing!! I love the shine on the camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture provided by the strips of punched pieces is wonderful. Great inspirational projects to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome CASE - I love your take on the card, and the different colour choices!! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 fun sparkly cards - Yay! I would never have thought to use the strips of treat bag cutouts, but the added dimension & texture they add is so much more than an embossing folder could. Such a great idea, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your cards, Elizabeth. The extra background texture looks fabulous and I love all the details. Great use of the Project Life cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Elizabeth I love what you have completed this week with the camera, the backgrounds make sure a different effect in both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is thinking outside the square. Love your choice of die cuts and stamps for your CASEs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for