Skip to main content

CTC#119 towards the end of Sale a Bration for 2017

Welcome back to another week using the Catalogue as inspiration for our projects. This week we are using the last pages of the Sale A Bration Catalogue. It will be so sad to see the end of March and these great products. You still have a few weeks to get your free product with purchase.


I have used the layout of the card in the middle of our title photo this week, on page 16 of the SAB Brochure. It's a quick card to put together and would work for any pattern DSP to serve a sa  grounding colour for your main stamped panel. I was playing with the Lift Me Up Bundle and had a lovely time making a soft, feminine version after all the bold strong colours I have been using for the balloons in other cards.


I heat embossed one of the balloons with the fabulous copper and simply sponged over the top. The second ballon is simply stamped rather than embossed.


Quite by accident the colours are the same as the palette for this weeks Colour INKspiration challenge. Be sure to pop over and check out the fabulous entries on the Facebook Page. Maybe you could make something in these colours using the catalogue as your inspiration point- then you could join us on both the CI and the CASEing the Catty Facebook pages.


Next on the hop this week is Mel

and before me on the hop this week is Monique's blog



You will find the full crew here if you get lost, 

and you can join our Facebook Page buy clicking on this image.

and remember

"don't just post online, post something pretty",

Liz


Comments

  1. Wow Liz - this is just beautiful. The Colour INKspiration trio this week are a beautiful soft combination and really suit your card. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, I really didn't plan it but the colours really do sort of naturally go together!

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card and so special to see the balloons in these sweet colours. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, yes it was fun to use pinks instead of navy!!

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous Elizabeth. Love the different colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow create to coordinate this card for both challenges, I really love this colour combination and you have really made the card pop with those balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful effect of the layers on your card this week Elizabeth TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for