Skip to main content

CI07 Colours from an Easter Wreath

Welcome back to Colour Inspiration again for our 7th challenge. It has been a hugely exciting week going to the highpoint for Stampin' Up! demonstrators at "Onstage" here in the south Pacific. Thanks to all the flooding after Cyclone Debbie I was worried that I might not even get there but I was so relieved to be able to go.

Knowing what a big weekend it is I was keen to have these ready before I went. So I'm writing this with only 2 sleeps till departure!



What a lovely group of colours in this challenge. I also wanted to challenge myself to use a set that I hasn't seen much action. So I settled on the Birthday Fiesta stamp set and framelits.  I know Mexican inspired scenes are not typically done in pastel tones but I don't mind how they turned out!

I love the idea that all the little elements go together in this set with the different decorations for each flag- and the possibilities of what you can create are enormous. However in the end I think that's one of the reasons I haven't used this set too much- I'm just never sure where to start as there's too much choice. So this time I just launched right in.

For the first card I cut each of the bunting shapes twice - one in white and one in colour, then I stamped the white ones and layered them slightly offset from their solid colour counterpart. The end result certainly has a festive feel! 




 For the second card I did has a lot less stamping. The framelits come with the individual tiny flag shapes so I used patterned DSP in the 3 colours and cut them out. I like how the bunting came together. My original plan was to have a Pink Llama but I do struggle to get enough depth with Pink Pirouette so I abandoned that option and opted instead for a pink bow and a little flower- I'm not sure framelits should be made that small!!!


I do love the flower and leaf pattern stamps that are in this set. You can use pens to colour them as I did for the envelopes or you can stamp them in green and die cut the additional flowers to sit over the top. It adds a nice finish to the interior, and to the envelope.



Next on the blog this week is Rose. I'm intrigued to see what the design team have come up with.


I hope you find some time to be creative this week and post your projects using these colours to our Facebook group page. It's an amazing way to share INKspiration.

Thanks for looking, and remember,

"don't just post online, post something pretty",

Liz

Comments

  1. The colours take this llama into a very feminine zone, She's gorgeous! I'm just a tad sad that this set is retiring as I was planning a class with it in May. Too risky to go with that now, will have to get my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, yes she's a bit cute! I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing for your class!

      Delete
  2. Double layering the bunting looks wonderful Liz it adds real depth to the colour. I love the silver streamers too what a great way to add lots of shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, this is just too cute for words! How gorgeous is the pastel combination...just love this sweet llama card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds Liz! I was going to use this set too until I saw your cards. Such a soft feminine way to use this too cute Llama. So great to meet you in Sydney in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun & festive projects, Liz. D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive card (sadly my stamps haven't been utilised enough either). Love that little llama to bits and the card looks so pretty in those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes I am another that loves the Llama and feel sad it is retiring... Love the pretty pastels in your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for