Skip to main content

CTC! 132 Birthday Celebrations

Welcome back for another round of CTC - using pages 68-85 for the inspiration pages this week. There's loads too choose from in this section, so be sure to make one yourself and post a photo of your card to the Facebook group. Remember we are looking for new Design Team Members and you have to play along for June to be considered.
But on to celebrating Birthday!






I was really impressed when I first saw the Birthday Delivery Bundle in real life and had a play with it at Onstage in Sydney( one of the best perks of being a demonstrator- seeing thing early!). 
It's pretty paper but it is such a clever range. The framelits cut not only the stamped images but some of the printed images in the DSP.  I love the Catalogue inspiration page with the banner hanging across the whole scene and when I found a shadow box frame at a local store I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.



The Old Olive background page is one of the reverse sides from one of the Daisy Delight pack.
Each circle is just pegged on so you could easily rearrange it to suit- or add a name to personalise etc. It did take a little time to fussy cut each of the images but I had some help doing that so putting it all together was quite quick. And since my catalogue launch was a full day yesterday I needed something quick. You can see it in the middle of the table. I will be posting a little video of the table on my Facebook page if you would like to see more of the samples in detail.

 
So get inky and create a birthday card inspired by ANYTHING on the pages specified above. Tell us which item in those pages sparked your creative journey, and post a picture of your project to the Fb page!


I think I'm last on the loop if you began with Rachel, but if not just keep hopping around the loop to see all the gorgeous birthday creations.





Thanks for looking, and remember 

"don't just post online,
post something pretty!"

Liz

Comments

  1. Brilliant project Elizabeth - what a fabulous way to show off this paper!! Such a sweet decor item, and it looks fantastic centre stage with your display!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julia, I was so happy to find this frame - think I may get another one to use for a different paper set it 's so handy

      Delete
  2. Oh Liz - what a fabulous frame! That is such a great CASE and shows off this paper beautifully! I'm super impressed with your fussy cutting - definitely worth the effort as it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well as I said Jackie- I had some help wtih the fussy cutting! give me a framelit any day!! Thanks

      Delete
  3. Wonderful project Liz, just perfect for that frame. What a fun way to show off a DSP collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flippin' heck, what an awesome shadow box full of fun! I'm impressed with your fantastic display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bronwyn - maybe those few years in retail weren't wasted! Love a good display. ( works best if you have lots of samples to choose from !!! so I'm glad I did those swaps!)

      Delete
  5. Oh what a gorgeous way to use and present this suite! I Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this is certainly a work of art!!! Lucky little person who ends up with that in their bedroom! Love it! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for