Skip to main content

CI#13 Did I mention Green is my fave?

Welcome back to another week of colourful inspiration. This week Bronwyn has selected another gorgeous inspiration pic, and this time it has green in it!! I have found some of the challenges...well....challenging because there hasn't been any green in many of them. It has been a revelation to me as to how often I reach for it. Do you have a go-to colour??



I am still struggling to use Lemon-Lime Twist but it worked beautifully in a watercolour wash together with Wild Wasabi on some shimmer paper. I then dropped clean water from my aquapainter and let it spread the colour around which gave me a few patches of quite pale colour.  On a second panel I did some more mixed green watercolouring and then stamped some text over the colour while it was still damp using the border stamps from  Background Bits. When that piece was dry I used it to die cut some leaves.(I like the detail of the leaves from Falling Flowers rather than the solid shape from Swirly Birds for this card) 
The Swirly Scribbles Roses (also in shimmer paper) were easy to sponge with both Sweet Sugarplum and Fresh Fig, and I layered the rose onto some vellum just to make it stand out a bit more from the background. The diecut word has been treated with some Wink of Stella too just to keep the shimmery effect uniform.





Of course this is not much like my original plan but I am happy with the end result.
I tried to keep the background plain but couldn't help using an embossing folder for the vanilla base! You know how that is some days.....
And of course there were some bits left over from the trials pieces, so I couldn't let them go to waste. You can see the 2 tome leaf a bit clearer in this second card.


Thanks for looking, do be sure and have a go with creating a card using these beautiful colours and share it with us on our Facebook page.
Next this week is Nicole, can't wait to see what she has created this week.


thanks for looking and remember,

"don't just post online

post something pretty!"
Liz

Comments

  1. I love green too! So much so that my class members have commented on the nice change when I don't use green! So yes, I totally get you! What a gorgeous background effect. Really love your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty cards it's funny I struggle a bit with greens! I love lemon lime twist x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The detailed leaves look lovely paired with the swirly birds flower and the soft green background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Elizabeth. That watercolour was background is amazing, I love the mix of greens and how the sugarplum and fig pop against them! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so you know, this is the fourth challenge with green so that's about a third of the total and two palettes had two greens in each. LOL!! You must love your floral cards. I do too. Don't worry, Liz,t here's more greens to come. Now onto that gorgeous card of yours - what a little stunner. Thanks for sharing the details on how you got the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue! Which always amuses me because I wouldn't consider blue a favourite colour of mine.
    Green is rarely a go-to for me. I love how different we all are! Your cards are gorgeous. Is that gold edging on your second card? - it's got my mind ticking on some ideas! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Liz, that background is so delicious. I love how you created all of the these elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Elizabeth. I love the Watercolour wash with both the greens. Pretty. D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards Liz! I love the play of colour in your watercolour background, adds so much texture as does adding the stamping over the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely projects Liz! The watercolour LLT is a stunning background as are the details on both...clever use of these colours! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for