Skip to main content

CTC#164 CASEing the gorgeous KITS in the Occasions Catalogue

Welcome back for the Sunday night treat - CASEing the kits section from the catalogue. There are several just gorgeous kits in this catalogue - and so stunning when completed. The best thing about the Lots of Happy Card Kit is that you can purchase the refill kits. Recently for our Stamping Retreat we included one full 1/4 of a refill kit in everyone's goodie bag. They received everything they needed to make one of each of the beautiful card you see in this week's inspiration pic.

However, I decided instead this week to CASE the layout of one of the cards on the bottom of page 17. I love the 

  • background stamping using some text, 
  • a little feature element 
  • a coloured card base
  • some matching sponging behind the element to tie the colours together and
  • a sentiment stamped over the background
I did get a bit carried away in the end..... not unusual.....and ended up with lots of backgrounds. 
So I made them all up. My goal this weekend is to use up all the little "bits and bobs" of unfinished projects on my desk. I'll let you know how I go.

The first card is for my youngest son who is about to start 2nd yr Uni.  Sadly he doesn't live near us so I love to send him little encouraging notes- and occasionally some baking! So this card also fits neatly with the Global Design Project theme of " New Beginnings" this week.

I used lots of encouraging words from "Tabs for Everything"on one block, but it seemed a bit sparse so I added the Hugs from " Lovely Inside and Out". The stack of books is from the Bike Ride set and the fabulous AMAZING is from the Celebrate You Thinlits Sale-a-Bration thinlits. To get some more dimension I covered both the books and the word with the fine-tip glue pen.
I always decorate the envelope- sometimes with a liner, sometimes just the flap- but if like me you have loads of DSP this is a great way to use some of it up. If the stripes are too plain, or too white you can always overstamp and sponge to change the look.

 That's the "His"and this is the "Hers" version... similar but different.  Do you recognise the little pink geometric highlights? They are the from the Beautiful Peacock Sale-a-Bration set and I have used them a lot. The flower from Amazing You is so beautiful.





I did say I made lots! But it's so great when you find a layout that's very versatile. 
These 2 were also done using the colours from the Inspire. Create. Share challenge. 
More details here- including more on the two tone sunray stamping from the Amazing You set, and some tips using that set.





Next this week is the very talented and creative Julia who has used one of the gorgeous kits lots of ways.
and Before me this week is Rachel 

You are sure to find lots of inspiration in this weeks hop. I hope you have a creative week and remember, 

"don't just post online,
 post something pretty!"

cheers, Liz

Comments

  1. 4 glorious cards Liz, and I love each and every one. Feel I may have to try CASE-ing you because I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful cards!! But my favourite is the one for your son. So much subtle detail. I'm sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing array of projects! They are lovely, but i am still soooo in LOVE with the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all Liz, but quite taken by the last version! Think I might have to CASE too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 beautiful cards Liz. I think the second one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good to see guy cards and this one is a beauty. I always love seeing your creative endeavours Elizabeth. You have a brilliant style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy Liz! Love all your cards, especially the book one for your son. You've inspired me to CASE that card layout, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've really shown the versatility of this layout, Liz with 4 great cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for