Skip to main content

CTC#108- Holiday Kits as inspiration

HI and welcome - as the year draw to a close and everyone is super busy this is a short post.

You can find the full crew here. Please hop all the way around to catch everyones projects inspired by the kits section in the catalogue.

On the hop is before me the amazing Kellie. She always has such fun projects.

I didn't purchase any of the kits this year but I fell in love with the Tin of Tags stamp set which was designed to go with the tin of tags kit. One of my good friends purchased the kit and had a wonderful time creating together with her daughter both the stitched cards and the tiny tags. Such a great way to bring people together.

I must confess I was inspired on Pinterest with a similar layout for this card but I can't find it again to give credit for the original. My version is a little different but was a simple design for novice stampers at a craft group recently where some friends asked me to design a class especially for them so they could give some handmade love this year. There is nothing like ink, stamps and punches  for a  sense of satisfaction.
We used gorgeous Grunge for the base (still a favourite), The tin of Tags for the sentiment, the Santa hat punch and the Stitched Framelits circle thinlits for the sentiment. Although the 21/2" circle punch is no longer available and there are thinlits which match the circles, the big punch makes classes faster so that's what we used. it gives such an nice fine border. The textured Fancy Frost white paper is perfect for the trim on the santa hat- but a little bit of Dazzing Diamonds always suits Christmas.

We had 2 colour options. The first used Soft Sky, Real Red and Emerald Envy,

And the second used Crumb Cake and Emerald Envy and some retired wooden snowflakes for embellishment

And while I had all the bits on my desk I made a third option using the colour challenge at GDP#065.



The string jar/bottle ornaments are some I made for the Handmade Expo Markets which were held this weekend in Rockhampton. I made quite a selection and they were very popular. You can see more of them on this post here.

I did have to trim down the Jolly Hat as the reindeer's head is bit narrow! But it's still so cute


Well I hope you are more organised than me with your Christmas cards!!!! Making the is not a problem, but writing and posting........I'm determined mine will be in the post by Tuesday!! 
In the meantime pop along to see the rest of the hop. Next on the circle is Monique



Don 't forget we love to see what you create too.


Thanks for looking, Liz


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, these are just gorgeous - you are so clever! And I bet they were a hit at the market!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your projects are gorgeous Elizabeth, I loved that you kept the card layout the same for all of them, changing the colours and the sentiment. Gorgeous Grunge is still a favourite of mine too! Congrats on your win at the Global Design Project this week, thanks so much for playing along. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Louise, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. It was a fun layout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure! Have a lovely Christmas - it so hard to believe it's here. (Insert panic! I'm a hot mess trying to get everything done - lol!)

      Delete
  5. Love your cards, they look stunning!! I love the splats from Gorgeous Grunge, I must get out my set and use it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it,
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled paper roses Frames

Two new Frames for the Handmade Expo Markets this weekend. These are hand rolled vanilla paper roses, with newsprint DSP in the red version. Sentiment is from Painted Petals, making the paper roses is made easier using the Spiral Flower Die thanks for looking. Of course these can be mDe to order, liz

Envelope Dies perfect for an Acetate Tent card and some new DSP

After creating yesterday's cards I was on a roll and created this one using the beautiful Gilded Autumn DSP and the Fancy Phrases stamp set.  I really love the sentiments in this set.  It is such a simple design and easy to create. You can find all the directions on yesterday's post for Just Add Ink (JAI#518)  I watercoloured the white leaf after I had adhered the gold veins just to soften it, and I added a strip of mint DSP to the front of one of the tent stands as the white was a bit stark. That's the cool thing about this design, you can change it up plenty of ways. I'm sure we can all send these type of cards at the moment. I hope you are safe and well, and staying connected, wherever you are. I hope you have a creative week and remember,  "don't just post online,  post something pretty!" cheers, Liz Product List Ornamental Envelopes Bundle [ 155168 ] $83.50 Envelopes  Dies [ 153531 ] $63.00 Shimmery White A4 Car

#Onstage Sydney 2022 Fancy Flora Suite , Display Stamping # 1 beginner, casual, avid samples

I'm so honoured to have been asked to present the premier suite "Fancy Flora" from the new Mini Catalogue - what a treat. ( Available January 5 - May 12023 ). This is one of a series of posts showing some of the projects I created using this suite. It's a long one so grab a cuppa and enjoy my tips and tricks and first projects. Relieved the presentation is over and with my samples on the board! Firstly I had the pleasure of showing the suite- 2 stampsets, 2 sets of dies, some 6x6 DSP, Shimmer Card, Ribbon and Gems. With every new set I allow myself plenty of time to just play with it and explore the possibilities in colour and layout. In doing this I create a series of Mood boards that make it much faster when I come to use the product to quickly identify how many dies in each set, how many stamps and which ones match the dies, and which ribbons and bling I have in my stash- or in the current catalogues that match the colours of the new suite. That way I don't for